Ultimate simple smoothie recipes
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One of the easiest ways to include more fruit and veg in your diet is to blitz it up into a super-tasty smoothie! Frozen fruit is a handy time-saver, too – you can bag up perfect portions of your favourite recipes and then simply throw the ingredients into the blender when you need them. A balanced smoothie is a great breakfast option, so why not kick off your mornings with these winning recipes?
Adding porridge oats make this smoothie even more satisfying. We also love the warming ginger – perfect for a bit of extra get-up-and-go in the morning!
Banana, mango, coconut milk, cardamom and lime juice – this is an awesome tropical combo. The little twist of black pepper is an unusual touch, but it adds a lovely subtle warmth.
This vegan smoothie recipe uses almond milk – go for a non-sweetened version to keep the sugar levels down. The fresh passion fruit flavour is brilliantly refreshing.
These two smoothie recipes from Jools are great smoothie bases which can also work well frozen as lollies. Choose between the mixed red berry recipe, or the mango, passion fruit and mint smoothie. Both are delicious!
Green, orange, purple and white – these four smoothie recipes cover a rainbow of fruit and veg. Take your pick between spinach and apple, pear and blueberry, mango and orange, or almond and honey!
These 4 recipes are not earth-shattering by any means, they just happen to be our favorites.
They are all basic combinations of:
If I happen to be out of kale I will use spinach. I often make smoothies with milk, but find they are just as good with water. I don’t typically add any additional sweetener like honey or sugar as I find these recipes to be sweet enough on their own. However, everyone’s tastes differ so be sure to try each recipe and adjust to your tastes.
Tips for make-ahead smoothie bags:
Chop any fruit that will blend easier when frozen (such as bananas, kiwi, and pineapple). Some blenders can handle a whole frozen banana, but I find I like the final consistency better when the fruit is all the same size.
Make sure your fruit is rinsed and dry before adding to the freezer-safe bag.
11 Filling Superfood Smoothie Recipes To Consider For Lunch Today
Break out the blender and grab your fruits, veggies and nuts, because you’re going to want to whip up a tasty and healthy superfood smoothie recipe ASAP. While most smoothies are inherently healthy, superfoods can make them even more filling and packed with nutrients. Popular superfoods like dark leafy greens (kale and spinach), berries (especially blueberries and raspberries), nuts, seeds and even fruits like avocado are easily added to pretty much any healthy smoothie recipe. These specific are called “super” due to the fact that they’re considered especially nutritious and good for a person’s health. Of course, these aren’t the only types of foods that are nutritionally dense and healthy, but they’re at the top of the list—and taste delicious in smoothie recipes.
Whenever I make a smoothie, I immediately feel like a health queen. Why, yes, I did add kale, blueberries and coconut milk to a blender to create a nutritious treat—Thank you for asking!! In all seriousness, though, smoothies are such a simple way to get extra fruits and veggies into your diet in a way that doesn’t feel forced. It’s so easy to throw in a leafy green or other superfood into a quick smoothie recipe and instantly add some much-needed nutrients into your diet. Plus, most smoothies taste so good, you don’t even realize you’re sipping on vegetables like spinach or even cauliflower. Tricking yourself into getting those veggies has never tasted more incredible.
Below, you’ll find 11 superfood smoothie recipes you’ll want to make right freakin’ now. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack, there’s no denying these superfood-packed smoothies are here to give you extra servings of fruits, veggies and the like. Get ready to put that blender to work, baby.
Our filling green smoothie is packed full of nutritious ingredients. Choose from cavolo nero or spinach and whizz up with flaxseeds, almond butter, cinnamon and the milk of your choice. We went with almond milk as a vegan option. Bananas and dates add a hit of natural sweetness, too.
Whip up a fruity breakfast, snack or dessert in seconds.
Food Stylist: Anne Disrude 917 804 2567 Prop Stylist: Marina Malchin 917 674 4203
This story was originally published April 24, 2015.
1. Banana Blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
2. Strawberry-Banana Blend 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
3. Strawberry Shortcake Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1 1/2 cups each milk and ice, and sugar to taste. Top with whipped cream and more strawberries.
4. Triple-Berry Blend 1 1/2 cups mixed blackberries, strawberries and raspberries with 1 cup each milk and ice, and sugar to taste.
5. Raspberry-Orange Blend 1 cup each orange juice and raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup ice, and sugar to taste.
6. Peach-Mango-Banana Blend 1 cup each chopped fresh or frozen peaches and mango, 1 cup each plain yogurt and ice, 1/2 banana, and sugar to taste.
7. Honeydew-Almond Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup each almond milk and ice, and honey to taste.
8. Cantaloupe Blend 2 cups chopped cantaloupe, the juice of 1/2 lime, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1 cup ice.
9. Carrot-Apple Blend 1 cup each carrot juice and apple juice with 1 1/2 cups ice.
10. Spa Cucumber Peel, seed and chop 2 medium cucumbers. Blend with the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup ice and 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar or honey.
Bags of Frozen Fruit Make Smoothies a Breeze
Frozen Sliced Peaches
Frozen Mango Chunks
Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
11. Kiwi-Strawberry Blend 1 cup strawberries, 2 peeled kiwis, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups ice.
12. Cherry-Vanilla Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, 1 1/4 cups milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
13. Tangerine-Honey Peel and seed 4 tangerines, then blend with the juice of 2 limes, 1/4 cup honey and 1 cup ice.
14. Apricot-Almond Blend 1 1/2 cups apricot nectar, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 2 tablespoons almond butter and 1 cup ice.
15. Grape Blend 2 cups seedless red grapes with 1 cup concord grape juice and 1 1/2 cups ice.
16. Blueberry-Pear Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, 1 chopped pear, 1 1/2 cups each maple or plain yogurt and ice, and sugar to taste.
17. Banana-Date-Lime Blend 2 bananas, 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates, the juice of 1 lime and 1 1/2 cups each soy milk and ice.
18. Peach-Ginger Blend 2 cups frozen sliced peaches, 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger.
19. Grapefruit Peel and seed 2 grapefruits, then blend with 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
20. Pomegranate-Cherry Blend 1 cup frozen pitted cherries, 3/4 cup pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch each of cinnamon and salt, and 2 cups ice.
Our Guide to the Best High-Speed Blenders
Smoothies, frozen drinks, soups and dressings are serious business, so we set out to find the models that can get the jobs done for you.
21. Chai Blend 1 1/2 cups chai tea concentrate with 1 cup each milk and ice. Sprinkle with chai spice or ground cinnamon.
22. Blueberry-Banana Blend 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon each honey and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 cup ice.
23. Creamy Pineapple Blend 2 cups chopped pineapple, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup milk, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, a pinch each of nutmeg and salt, and 2 cups ice.
24. Watermelon Freeze 3 cups cubed seeded watermelon until hard. Blend with 1 cup cubed fresh seeded watermelon, the juice of 1 lime, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
25. Pineapple-Coconut Freeze about 2 cups coconut water in 1 or 2 ice-cube trays. Blend 2 cups each chopped pineapple and coconut ice cubes, 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon honey and 1/2 cup coconut water.
26. Apple-Ginger Blend 1 chopped peeled apple, a 1/2-inch piece peeled ginger, the juice of 2 limes, 1/4 cup honey, 1 cup water and 2 cups ice.
27. Black Raspberry–Vanilla Blend 1 pint blackberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
28. Creamsicle Blend 3/4 cup frozen orange or orange-tangerine concentrate with 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup each vanilla ice cream and ice.
29. Mango-Acai Blend two 4-ounce packages frozen acai berry puree, 1 cup chopped mango, 1/2 cup orange juice and 2 cups ice.
30. Spiced Pumpkin Blend 1/2 cup each pumpkin puree and silken tofu, 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
More Smoothie Ingredients
Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
Frozen Acai Berry Puree
31. Mexican Coffee Blend 1/2 cup chilled espresso or strong coffee, 1/2 cup milk or almond milk, 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon almond extract and 1 1/2 cups ice.
32. Vietnamese Coffee Blend 1/2 cup chilled espresso or strong coffee, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups ice. Top with chocolate shavings and/or chocolate syrup.
33. Banana PB&J Blend 1 frozen banana with 1 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup each creamy peanut butter and wheat germ, and 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry or raspberry jelly.
34. Peanut Butter–Apple Blend 1 chopped peeled apple, 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, 1 1/2 cups each soy milk and ice, and honey to taste.
35. Pomegranate-Berry Blend 1 cup blueberries, 3/4 cup each beet juice and pomegranate juice, 1 cup ice, and honey to taste.
36. Cucumber-Kale Blend 1 1/4 cups vegetable juice, 1/2 peeled cucumber, 3 kale leaves and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
37. Pineapple-Mango Blend 1 cup each chopped pineapple and mango, 1 cup coconut water, a dash of ground allspice and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
38. Peanut Butter–Banana Blend 1 banana, 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/3 cup milk, 2 tablespoons malted milk powder, 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and 2 cups ice.
39. Green Tea–Almond Brew 1 1/2 cups extra-strong green tea cool completely. Blend with 1/3 cup almonds, 1/4 cup honey and 1 cup ice.
40. Chocolate-Banana Blend 1 banana, 1 cup chocolate ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup ice.
41. Chocolate-Raspberry Blend 1 cup each chocolate ice cream and raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and 3/4 cup each milk and ice.
42. Strawberry-Maple Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup each maple syrup and wheat germ, a dash of ground cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups ice.
43. Chocolate Chip Cookie Blend 1 cup each vanilla ice cream, milk and crumbled chocolate chip cookies with 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Top with a cookie.
44. Oatmeal Cookie Blend 1 cup each vanilla ice cream, milk and crumbled oatmeal cookies with a pinch of ground cinnamon. Top with a cookie.
45. Birthday Cake Blend 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, 1 crumbled vanilla cupcake (unfrosted), 1 cup milk and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Top with sprinkles.
46. Black and White Blend 3/4 cup each vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream with 1 cup milk and 3 crumbled chocolate sandwich cookies. Top with a cookie.
47. Lemon–Poppy Seed Blend 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup each milk and ice.
48. Apple-Spinach Blend 2 cups spinach, 1 chopped peeled apple, 1/2 cup silken tofu, 1/4 cup each soy milk and orange juice, 1 tablespoon each wheat germ, honey and lemon juice, and 1 cup ice.
49. Veggie Blend 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, 1/4 cup carrot juice, 1/2 peeled cucumber, 1/2 celery stalk, 1/4 cup each parsley and spinach, and 1/2 cup ice.
50. Mint-Jalapeno Blend 1/3 cup fresh mint, 1 seeded jalapeno pepper, 2 1/2 tablespoons honey, a pinch of salt and 2 cups each plain yogurt and ice. Top with toasted cumin seeds and cilantro.
Food Network Magazine whips up 50 delicious smoothies, from sweet chocolate chip cookie to cooling cucumber.
Have you ever gone to a coffee shop and felt the agonizing sting of realizing you can&rsquot order anything but a black coffee? I feel your pain. Personally, I am a huge frappuccino girl, and life without my blends sounds agonizing. Is it a smoothie? Technically no. But this recipe could easily double as one! It&rsquos lower in calories, healthier, and still delicious. Feel free to add some collagen for an added protein boost!
Smoothies are often simple, straightforward ways to enjoy a quick meal. They're great for taking on the go and are typically loaded with healthy ingredients. Generally made from fresh fruits and vegetables, smoothies are the perfect&mdashand perhaps most delicious&mdashmethod of getting your fill of energy-boosting proteins and healthy fats. We rounded up the 10 most popular smoothie recipes from our Pinterest boards to help make your mornings (or afternoon snacks!) easier.
There's a smoothie recipe here sure to delight anyone's tastebuds any time of the day. That's right: Smoothies aren't just for breakfast, although we do agree that they do make for delicious early morning meals. Still, they're great as a post-workout snack or an afternoon pick-me-up, especially when they're made from more than just a handful of fruit and ice. That's where these popular recipes come in: Our smoothies most frequently pinned on Pinterest feature a colorful medley of superfoods, including nuts, seeds, greens, and alternative milks for a healthy mix of nutrients.
Some of our most popular recipes include traditional strawberry and banana combinations, which are sure to delight even the pickiest of palates. Make them in the summer for a breakfast treat your kids will love&mdashjust be warned, you'll want to double the recipe and make one for yourself, too. And if you want something a little different, you'll be pleased to know that some of our most popular smoothie recipes also feature unique ingredients, like pumpkin, pomegranates, and coconut milk for mouthwatering flavor. Blend your way to better health with our 10 most-re-pinned smoothies from our Pinterest boards.
Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
Summer isn't the only season for smoothies. This pumpkin banana smoothie combines pumpkin puree with ripe bananas and the now-ubiquitous pumpkin pie spice. Your kids can enjoy it throughout the autumn months.
2. Tropical Smoothie for Inflammation
Papaya and pineapple anti inflammatory smoothie that tastes heavenly and is very simple to make.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 cup papaya
- Anti-inflammation booster: 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed or 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Add water to desired consistency
20 Delicious Smoothie Recipes for the Perfect Blend Every Time
Smoothie recipes seem easy: combine fruit, vegetables, and a liquid. Then blend until creamy.
But the details of a smoothie are in the variables. Finding the just-right combination takes some trial and error. You may make your smoothie too sweet (bananas and pineapples seem extra sugary when frozen) or too tart (blackberries and blueberries do this). You might add too many greens (the flavor may be grassy) or too many chia seeds (slimy and thick). Fixing a recipe is as easy as adding something to balance what you don&rsquot particularly like, or you can start with a simple smoothie recipe you know will work. We&rsquove tried all of these, and each has something special and unique for every taste.
This collection of fruit smoothie recipes features a variety of ingredient combinations. As you make these, you&rsquoll learn about smoothie ratios that will help you when you decide to DIY your own blended fruit drink. Of course, you may also realize these smoothie recipes are so delicious and exciting that you turn to them again when you need an afternoon pick-me-up, a post-workout recovery, or even an after-dinner treat.
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page.
Carrot Cake Smoothie Not rated yet
Ingredients: 1 Cup almond, coconut or other milk 1 large banana, broken in pieces 1 large orange, peeled and sectioned 4 large carrots, chop in small &hellip
How to Get Your Kids to Eat Spinach - Spinach Smoothies Not rated yet
Apple Blueberry Spinach Ingredients 1/2 Cup apple juice 1/2 Cup blueberries 1 T. flax seed 1 apple, cut in pieces 2 Cups baby spinach Directions &hellip
Fruit Juice Smoothie Not rated yet
George's Marvelous Juice 200ml orange juice 200ml apple juice 200ml pineapple juice 1/2 kiwi (seeds removed) 150g seedless green grapes 150g seedless &hellip
Vanilla Pineapple Berry PB Smoothie Not rated yet
ingredients: 1 (6-8 oz.) container of plain/vanilla yogurt 1/2 cup bananas 1/2 cup strawberries 1 handful of blueberries 1/4 cup peanut butter 1 &hellip