Fruit salad with yogurt
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It's spring, the strawberry season has started, so ... delicious desserts!
- apricots from compote
- vanilla sugar
Preparation time: less than 15 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Fruit salad with yogurt:
The strawberries are washed and sliced.
Remove the apricots and pineapple from the compote and slice finely.
The yogurt is mixed with the vanilla sugar.
Alternately place a layer of yogurt and a layer of fruit in the salad bowl.
Egg salad with green onions
For some, green onion eggs are the taste of childhood in the country. This taste can be refined in a salad with boiled egg and green onions. Cut the boiled eggs into cubes, and slice the green onion diagonally, for visual effect and to keep it fresh. As with any egg salad, mayonnaise is the binder of the elements, and salt, pepper and lemon complete the culinary masterpiece. A few slices of radish give color, a little texture and make you dream of a Michelin star!
Some useful cooking tips
It seems that it can be easier than cooking fruit salad. However, you need to follow some simple but important recommendations:
- Use homemade yogurt for dressing. To do this, take 1.5-2 liters of warm milk, add the dough, after 8 hours you will get a useful product
- Add a dressing to enhance the taste. To make, take and mix: fresh orange juice, herbs (mint, tarragon, lemon balm), honey
- To prepare, take only fresh, delicious fruit
- Wash the fruit well before cooking
- Clean the skin, especially from fruits bought in supermarkets
- Fry the fruit pieces a little with the grill. This will add new flavors to the ingredients
- To pay special attention to the finished plate, add: poppy seeds, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, nuts
- Don't forget to decorate the finished vessel. Especially for children, this is the most important. It's hard to say that the main thing for them is the original decoration or the qualities of taste.
Cook with pleasure, experiment. The main thing is to take your favorite ingredients and take into account the tastes and preferences of all family members and guests.
How to prepare vegetables for mayonnaise salads?
We can make such a salad from different vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, etc. They turn white in pre-sealed, ie scalded in salted water, drained and immediately put in a bowl with very cold water, even with ice cubes. It is meant to stop the cooking process by rapidly cooling the vegetables and to keep their texture and color beautiful. After bleaching, the vegetables must be drained in a strainer and leave for 15-30 minutes. We need to get rid of as much water as possible so as not to dilute our salad dressing. If you don't drain them well, you will get some savory, unappetizing and watery salads.
In winter you can make this salad from put pumpkin (those in salted water) & # 8211 see the recipe here.
From the quantities below it results approx. 4 servings of pumpkin salad with mayonnaise, yogurt and garlic.
- approx. 600 g zucchini (2 medium zucchini)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 strand of green onion (or & frac12 of old white or red onion)
- salt pepper
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise + 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- chopped greens (parsley, dill)
- 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 70 ml of sunflower oil
What is a salad dressing or sauce?
First of all let's see what a dressing room is. According to dex:
Thus in Romanian it would be translated with yogurt sauce. But much more common is the name of dressing and I think everyone knows what it's about.
The dressing can be prepared in larger quantities because it can be stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, in a closed jar. It is important that it is poured over the salad only at the time of serving so that its leaves are as crispy as possible. Any salad that is sprinkled with sauce or vinaigrette begins to soften due to the action of acid (vinegar, lemon juice, etc.) on the leaves.
Another simple salad dressing is the vinaigrette that is prepared with vinegar and oil. I often make it for cabbage salad (see here) or roasted peppers (see here).
I leave the ingredients for 2-3 servings of yogurt dressing with garlic and lemon and you can multiply them as needed.
Ingredient Fruit salad
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 oranges
- 2 kiwis
- 250 gr. strawberries (if it's seasonal)
- 2 apples
- 100 gr. watermelon (if it's season)
- 50 ml. honey & # 8211 I used agave syrup
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 50 ml. brandy (optional)
- chopped hazelnut, pistachio or walnut seeds, slightly crunchy (optional)
- dried fruits such as raisins (optional). For extra effect, these dried fruits can be soaked for half an hour in the above brandy.
- ice cream (optional)
- cream (optional)
- vanilla, caramel or chocolate sauce (optional)
How to choose fruits for fruit salad
You can use whatever fruit you have on hand, it is ideal to have a combination of at least three. Usually, fruits are chosen that can complement each other both in texture and taste. Sweet fruits, such as bananas, grapes, cherries, are combined with citrus or other fruits that have a certain degree of acidity, to enhance their flavor. Along with these go more crunchy fruits, such as apples, for texture, or others with a distinct flavor, such as strawberries, pineapple, berries.
The simplest is to use seasonal fruits. Watermelon, in summer, strawberries, in late spring, etc. do you realise. But her husband went shopping and, seeing him, he was tempted. And speaking of which, from my point of view, the most suitable melon for fruit salad is melon. In summer, I use not only the sweet and fragrant pulp for the fruit salad, but also the hollow peel, which forms a natural bowl for the delicious fruity mixture.
A winter combination would be with apples, pears, oranges, maybe a little fresh or compote pineapple, possibly supplemented with compote fruits and dried fruits rehydrated in orange juice, possibly with a little brandy or good rum.
Fruit salad, how to prepare
- Peel an orange, separate the segments and peel off any white scraps. Cut the orange pieces (about 2 slices each) and remove any seeds. Put in a large bowl.
- Peel a banana and slice it into pieces so that they can be eaten all at once.
- Over the already cut fruit, I squeezed the juice from half an orange, taking care not to drop the seeds in the bowl. Orange juice will prevent the fruits from oxidizing and will keep them looking fresh and pleasant. As the basic juice of the salad, the juice from the pineapple compote and the lemon compote work just as well, if you prefer everything to be sour.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Cut the pineapple pulp into cubes to fit in a teaspoon and add over the rest of the cut fruit in a bowl.
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice it. The strawberries are peeled and sliced in the same way as the kiwi fruit.
- Separate the pulp from the watermelon, slice, carefully remove the seeds and add over the rest of the fruit in the bowl.
- Cut into four apples and remove the core with the seeds. Then thinly slice each piece and add to the salad. Stir immediately, as the apple pulp may oxidize quickly after being cut.
- Honey or, in our case, agave syrup is added. Also at this stage, if you want fruit salad with little alcohol or flavored, you can add 3-4 tablespoons of liqueur or brandy of your choice. We did not put, because of children tasters. Add the mint leaves and mix.
- Let the salad cool for half an hour. During this time, the aromas of the fruit will befriend and settle.
Fruit salad, serving
Nothing is more wonderful on a hot sunny day than a cool and fragrant fruit salad! The simpler it is, the more delicious it is. If we add a globe of vanilla ice cream or a little whipped cream, it's a fabulous dessert. Along with fruit salad, wafers or crispy biscuits can be offered.
Eggplant salad with yogurt and garlic Turkish dietary recipe
There are many recipes for eggplant salads and most contain quite a lot of oil or even mayonnaise (yolks). In this case it is an eggplant salad with yogurt and very little olive oil. A light and refreshing summer salad.
I ate this wonderful eggplant salad with yogurt and garlic right in Turkey, in Istanbul. The Turks are famous for the wide range of meals (snacks) offered everywhere, in restaurants or bistros. Yoğurtlu patlıcan salatası this salad is called in turkish. Patlican are eggplant (pronounced "patlidjan") and hence the Romanian word pătlăgea (eggplant or red aubergine). I also found this recipe with pleasure at a Turkish restaurant in Dresden, owned by a Turkish family (it's just to the right of everything, under the parsley leaves).
I told you here in detail with what goodies we were treated there and how we reconstituted at home the recipe of a fabulous pot of vegetables with meat and cheese, au gratin in the oven.
Well, I took my heart in my teeth and asked for the eggplant salad recipe with yogurt and garlic. I found out that it is prepared very easily and quickly: baked eggplant on the embers (peeled and chopped) mixed with yogurt, a little olive oil and garlic. I was interested in the proportions & # 8230 how much yogurt is put in how many eggplants? I found out that it's the eggplant ratio: yogurt is 4: 1. That is, for 500 g of eggplant (baked and peeled) we need approx. 125 g yogurt. Yogurt should be fatty and creamy (preferably Greek yoghurt with 10% fat) so as not to result in a watery eggplant salad. Put olive oil in moderation: 1 tablespoon (about 20 ml). With garlic, the thing is more permissive: it is put to taste. We must not, however, exaggerate with him.
The combination of eggplant with garlic goes extraordinarily well with baked peppers. I advise you to prepare 1-2 baked peppers (kapia or bell peppers) to serve this way. Eggplant salad with yogurt and garlic is served with slices of bread or traditional sticks. This is what the Turkish restaurant in Dresden looked like: swollen like a pillow!
From the quantities below it results approx. 8 servings of eggplant salad with yogurt and garlic. Keep in mind that raw eggplant decreases by 50% after baking and peeling, so from 1 kg of fresh eggplant you will be left with 500 g of ripe eggplant.
Green bean salad with yogurt and garlic
This pod salad recipe is one of my favorites, regardless of the season, not just in summer. It is true that summer pods are the best, tender and tasty, but the recipe can be made just as well with frozen pods or canned pods.
Laura Laurențiu has a simple recipe for preserving pods for the winter, you can find it here.
If you have pods in a jar, they don't even need to be cooked anymore, and today's salad becomes a flower in your ear! Just drain the pods very well from the canned water, mix them with fatty yogurt, garlic and dill, and the meal is ready in 5 minutes!
I know that many people prefer the mayonnaise version of this salad, but when for any reason you want to cut more calories or fat, the yogurt version is ideal. It's so light and tasty, especially placed on slices of homemade bread!
I recommend you try my recipe stewed green beans (low beans) with garlic, in which very little oil is used. Click on the photo below for the recipe.
Carrot salad with yogurt
I'm cooking and I'm waiting for you to come back for other salad recipes!
Did you like the recipe? Recommend it!
I didn't have yogurt and I put mayonnaise. a goodness came out: D
Mmm, if it's about mayonnaise, I'll definitely try it too) Thanks for the tip.
I was looking for a salad, I used to say trivial, but I woke up that I took all the categories in a row, I salivated because I couldn't anymore and I think I leave the salad and do something more consistent. bravo barbate! bravo that you are also my constantean. Good luck!
Being from Constanta, maybe we have similar tastes and for this reason you liked the recipes on the blog :)) I expect you to test as many as possible!
I don't get along very well with the quality of the vegetables because oil must be used. so calories, but I'll try to boil the carrots in half and then grate them. otherwise fff good idea, thanks!
I think those who want to reduce the number of calories in the recipe will thank you for the idea :) I still stick to the quality of the carrots, I really need those calories :))
Since I discovered the "man in the pan" I have made this salad countless times. I ride in tefan + a teaspoon of oil. I made it with celery, with apples. it looks like raw somehow. but more delicious :)
Patricia, I haven't seen you on fb at all, I thought you forgot about my recipes. :)
I will never forget your recipes. when I don't know what to cook, I turn to your wisdom :) Patricia Stan
:) With all my wisdom, look, now I don't feel able to give a proper answer. I probably consume it all when I write the recipes and I have nothing left for comments: D Anyway, I hope you have a good memory and come back here :)
yes, I also boiled the carrots a little, it's a refreshing and good salad
Hi Robert! I also made this salad today, it is excellent, super good, but I think you know that too, I just want to praise you :)) Congratulations for what you do, for all your food and thank you for sharing your ideas and networks with us, who often have no idea what to do with food :)) And you surprise us with your super good recipes. Keep it the same and I wish you many, many readers :) Of course, Dorina.
Wash, dry and cut half the zucchini, then slice them. Heat the two tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan and heat the zucchini with a pinch of salt until they begin to brown and soften. Do not overdo it. to remain crispy.
Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, mash the garlic cloves and mix with a teaspoon of salt, chopped marjoram and yogurt.
Put the yogurt sauce in the bowl over the cooled zucchini and mix gently to blend.
Leave the salad for at least half an hour in the fridge and then you can serve it. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".