Scallops and Haricots Verts with Creamy Bacon Vinaigrette
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 12 ounces haricots verts, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
Sauté bacon strips in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve skillet and drippings.
Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; transfer to large bowl. Cover bowl loosely with foil.
Heat drippings in reserved skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add scallops to skillet; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to bowl with beans; cover loosely with foil. Reserve skillet.
Whisk vinegar, water, and mustard into drippings in reserved skillet. Boil over high heat until reduced by half, stirring frequently and scraping up browned bits, about 7 minutes. Stir in whipping cream; bring sauce to boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add bacon to bowl with beans and scallops; mix gently. Divide mixture among 6 plates. Drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with dill, and serve.